my other job...and family

My other family. My other job. My other set of friends. My other life. Friday nights, I seem like a totally different person. I love working at the Spot. I have worked there since it opened, February 14th, 2009. One year and one day after Emmitt was born. I jumped right in, shocking right? I know! And it has been a total blast!
JJ, Kari (the newbie) and I. Kari referred to me as a "machine". I know I talk too fast, but training her in was super fun! JJ and I are the usual Friday night Lounge girls. We communicate well, we work great together and we laugh! Man, do we laugh!
Once in awhile the boss has her man come in to work. We have been really busy Friday nights, so Jason gets to help out in the kitchen.
Krista and JJ. One of the benefits to owning your own business is hiring your friends. You tend to have more fun and at the same time tell them honestly how you feel.Me and Steph. Got her working behind the bar. We have a blast. She is the fastest tender in town! We still get asked once a week if we are sisters. I have started telling people that we kind of are. Feels like it.And my real sister! Tracey. She can serve tables around the rest of us with her eyes closed. She is the official lunch girl now that the Spot is open during the week serving a fabulous lunch menu.
Larry. Oh, Larry...he was our dishwasher and one of the funniest guys I have ever met. Always wore his iPod while doing dishes and would sing any and every song on the radio-loud and in tune! Britney to Nickleback...all of it.James. One of the Chefs. Bruce is the other, but wouldn't let me take a pic of him. Great guy, and gonna be a daddy for the first time. Due around Christmas. He and I graduated together but never knew each other back in the day. Our groups of friends never crossed paths. It's great to know him now. I am so glad I have no regrets from high school. Even though we were two totally different people, I was never rude or mean to him, nor him to I, and now we are friends.
I started working one night a week to make some fun money for my golf membership. My kids get one night a week with Daddy for a boys night. They eat pizza in the living room, don't brush their teeth, watch movies all night, wrestle, and go to bed whenever they want! The best part is, one night a week Daddy comes first rather than second best. They always want momma first. I can give them one night. I love it. I have a blast. I don't have the stress of a "regular" job, not because I don't care, but it isn't mine. I don't own it. It's not my responsibility, in a way it is, but it's not the same. Make sense?
So come see me on a Friday night in the Lounge.
A little plug for the Spot. Open for Lunch Tuesday-Friday 11:30-1:30pm. Dinner Tuesday-Saturday 5-10pm, Happy Hour from 5-6:30 pm! Tip Well!!

No comments