sinus disease?

so New Year's Eve brought the results of my CT Scan. My doctor calls at 6 pm and proceeds to tell me that I indeed have Sinus Disease. I started laughing and asked what on earth that was. Sinus disease? It sounds so...dumb. He tells me that basically what it is, is that 2 out of my 4 sinus cavities are completely blocked. The 2 that are blocked are the ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses. This comes at the end of my 4th sinus infections in 4 months and 3rd medication for them. More than half of the last 2 months I have been on an antibiotic. Currently I am feeling 100 times better, but my doctor, and I really know that I cannot continue going on antibiotics. So I am to continue with the Augmentin until the Rx runs out. Continue with the Flonase (nasal spray for allergies) until that stops working-which it may work forever. IF the Flonase stops working and I get another infection then we explore other options. One being surgery-where they go in and rotor rooter out my sinus cavities which totally freaks me out when I think about it. Or, I can go for the allergy test to see what I am actually allergic to-this one was my idea, since I talked to people everyday all day, I am finding that many that have had the surgery it doesn't work for them forever even and it turns out to be allergies. So, my meds are finishing up this Sunday...we shall see what that brings???

No comments