the after Christmas fun

One of our favorite things from Christmas was the marble run Parker got. I actually bought it for $2 at the garage sale all of us had this past summer. It had been Tammy's boys' marble run and has been a huge hit in the house. It took me a couple of tries to get used to setting it up. I was repeating the same run the first few times. I admitted to Bear that I don't really "see" these kinds of things or maybe understand them. I am not sure what part of the brain takes care of the area of architecture, but I definitely need help in that area. So I kept at it and now I feel I am a pretty darn good marble-run-track-maker! It is an art to build it high, long and sturdy. Parker has really accepted that some of his new toys are "big boy toys" and that he needs to play with them up high so Emmitt doesn't get into them. The marbles from the marble run and Hungry Hippos are both big boy toys. So we basically set up the run on table and let him stand up there and play it. So far...no disasters.peek-a-boo through the run.
such concentration putting the final touch on~and one of the best parts~the "spinner-spinners"
Like I said, it didn't take me long to get this thing right, but if I use the storage tote, I can build it even bigger and better!
totally psyched about some marbles! Ahh the simple things.

No comments