I spoke too soon...

So the other day when I posted, I was all "things are moving in the right direction" and "I'm feeling better today"...blah, blah, blah! Well Friday night, Saturday and Sunday were some of the worst days I have had. Granted-day 2 of the surgery post-op was pretty darn crappy. But I really thought I was doing better and by the weekend, I would be feeling pretty good. I think it was mental. I knew that I had a business trip Monday (today) and Tuesday that I had to go on for my corporate job and I think it psyched me out a bit. Everytime Bear looked at me this past weekend, he would just shake his head and say "I don't think you are gonna make it, I don't know how you are going to be able to travel"...well by Sunday afternoon, I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I slept off and on all day Sunday while my children played nearby basically unattended. Bear was working. I let Parker watch movies all day long, one he watched twice! Then by lunch time (a late lunch) I made soft tortilla shells with melted mozzarella cheese in them for the boys. I took a tiny bite of Emmitt's and could swallow it! Hallelujah! So I made myself a taco shell surprise and could almost eat the whole thing. Super slow going though, but it went down fairly easily. A call to my mom for advice and we came to the conclusion that the "scabs" (I am so sorry, I know it's gross) are starting to come off and that fresh new skin underneath is creating a different pain. Holy COW! Sometimes water hurts going down?! I took a nap Sunday with the boys ate 500 freezie pops, packed my suitcase, said a prayer and went to bed. Monday morning I woke up bright and early, got ready and headed to the airport to catch the 7 am flight. Slept on the plane, drank a can of apple juice and made it through the flight. The guy next to me was a talkative one, so I told him my deal and he was cool with it. By the time I got my rental car and my ginormous smoothie from a coffee shop I was good to go. I drove the 45 minutes through Monday Morning Traffic in the Metro Area and made it to the club's Open House...just in time to meet the mayor and participate in the ribbon cutting! I only drank water and tea all day. Amazing what you can get used to without eating. But I don't feel just right-not crabby-but not happy go lucky Becky by any means. By 1 pm I am wiped out. I have a few slices of cheese-I think it's a new staple-I love cheese! More water and by 5:30 pm, I am heading out the door. More rush hour traffic, but I check in to my hotel...told the guy at the counter my sob story (usually it's because I talk soft now and they ask their question again...I apologize, say I had my tonsils out last week and say my answer again...) and he bumps me up to a king jacuzzi for no extra charge! You just gotta ask. I think I cried a little when I saw the tub! I head down to dinner, order water, a 7 up and soup...then I try the fettuccine alfredo...explain my story to the server...sprinkled some salt in my 7 Up to make it "non-bubbly". Manage to get some of the broth and veggies down...then some noodles! Ahhhh...food! Not feeling so crabby anymore. Rip the inside of my toasted bread out and soak it in the alfredo sauce-which was probably low cal right? I ask for a go box for the 3/4 of the food I can't eat. Get back to the room. Fill up the tub. Watch The Women movie I brought along on my laptop, in the tub, wearing ear buds and ahhhhh relaxed! Maybe this trip is also-meant to be....

No comments