Survey about your First born

Survey about your First Born~
1. Were you married at the time? yes.
2. What were your reactions? Excited, cautious, nervous, thankful, scared
3. How old were you? 24
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? Night time nauseous and breast tenderness, took tons of tests that all turned up negative until a week and a half later it finally gave me two lines!
5. Who did you tell first? Bear, who said…we’re having a baby? When? (November, I said)…but that’s deer season! We’re having a baby???
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Nope! Neither of us wanted to, it’s against the rules. You can’t return or exchange the baby anyways, it’s non-refundable! Do you people open your Christmas presents early and rewrap them too? Okay enough on that…
7. Did you deliver early or late? 2 days late-but was in labor on my due date
8. Did you have morning sickness? Yeah. Nausea at night-only threw up once-when brushing my teeth.
9. What did you crave? Ramon noodles-or just the really salty water in the beginning. Pomegranates, grapefruit and bananas (which I hate unless I am pregnant apparently)
10. Who irritated you the most? not as much who but how and what “they” said…are you having twins? You’re having a girl, it’s all in your butt! How much weight have you gained? Are you still pregnant? I got really crabby at the end.
11. What was your first child's sex? Boy
12. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 40 pounds
13. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Low lying placenta
14. Where did you give birth? Falls Memorial Hospital
15. How many hours were you in labor? 16.5 hours. I started having contractions at 1pm, November 10th at home during Days of Our Lives. I thought (and now know I was right) that I was leaking amniotic fluid on Monday the 7th, went to the clinic Tuesday-they tested and said yes and no. 2 tests came back with different results. They sent me home. Thursday I go to the clinic @ 3 pm for a non-stress test and count contractions, they check me again and the 2 tests came back both positive and I was dilated to 3 cm. Got to the hospital @ 5:30 pm, labored and dilated all night, hit 7 cm at 6 am, got a shot of morphine in my back (intrathecal) and got to 10 cm in an hour, pushed for 2.5 hours and Parker was born at 9:26 am Friday, November 11th, 2005
16. Who drove you to the hospital? Bear-drove the whole 9 blocks
17. Who watched? Bear and my mom each held a leg. Friend Lisa was my pushing/delivery nurse, Dr. Stone delivered and a few “training” nurses were in the background watching.
18. Was it natural or c-section? Natural
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I had an intrathecal
20. How much did your child weigh? 7lbs 11oz
21. Did your child have any complications? Not really-wouldn’t eat/latch on for days/weeks! Checked him for tongue-tied but he wasn’t…eventually he ate.
22. What did you name him/her? Parker Anthony
23. How old is your first born today? 2 years 2 months

No comments