Almost 5

5 Years Old! That seems like such a big milestone Birthday. Although I cannot remember mine. I think the first birthday I really remember was my 7th. I had a girl sleepover birthday party. I am trying not to think about the fact that my kids are probably not going to remember any of these parties or anything we have done with them to this point. I do however know that they will remember they are loved, taken care of, nurtured, taught, instructed, hugged, kissed and told I love you, daily. And the pictures help. I admit, I can be a bit obnoxious with the camera, the scrapbooks, the blogging, but I want them to go back and see what it was like raising them. Somebody asked me what my due date was with Parker, and I actually couldn't remember off the top of my head! Something that I had remembered for the past 5 years, simply escaped me. I still have yet to find the time to look it up. I think it's the 9th, which is tomorrow.
All he knows right now is that he will be 5 in three days. He desperately wants a two wheeled scooter (which he is getting from his Fairy Godmother), that his cupcakes are going to be awesome and that daddy is taking him hunting, up in a deer stand on Friday...simply because he will be 5.

No comments