~All for the Cure-We Healthy Hooters Are Racing Again to Help~

LOOK AROUND YOU. Every 74 seconds breast cancer claims the life of someone in the world! We need your help on our mission to save lives and end breast cancer so that not one more of our mothers, sisters, brothers, daughters or best friends has to die from this disease. We won't rest until breast cancer is a history lesson, not a current event. HELP US ON OUR MISSION.

For the past 11 years I have been rallying and racing and raising money for The Cure. I have participated in many different events and fundraisers in support of Susan G. Komen-for the Cure. This year I plan to Race for the Cure-on Mother's Day, with my mom, sister Debbie, and niece Emma.

I have painted on my "ta-ta's" and dyed my hair pink...I have raised and challenged others to raise awareness, bring education and help find the cure for this disease that effects so many of the women we love.
In 2012, I added one more to my list: my childhood friend's mom: Linda Mortenson.  She has one more chemo treatment left!  She has fought hard and has been at work through all of this.  Her daughter Brooke (Amiot) is one of the funniest girls I know.  And who would have thought after all these years our  boys would carry on the Harmening-Amiot legend and be best of friends!?
So in honor of many who have fought and survived and for those I will never forget...
Aunt Kathy Braulick-fought and came back a "new" woman!
Janet Olson-Mother-in-law
Aunt Jeanne (godmother)
Diane Olek-one of my favorite people and a woman I can tell anything to-she is a fantastic listener and will always give a level headed response
Jeanne Corrin-golfing buddy & great friend who will always be there for me
Barb Nass-another golfing buddy who loves to laugh
Margo Hell-who left us far too soon
Donna Barg-one fantastic woman with one of the best laughs...it's contagious and unforgettable
Maxine Werner-25 year survivor who will always support me
Marlene Schol-best (Oz) costume maker I know!
Julie Jaksa-the best bargain hunter ever and most willing to help others
Terri Nagurski-one of the best photographers and funniest "moms" I know
Wendy Mayer-one of the Young and the Breastless that "owns" it
Stacy Litwiller-helped my son with his speech issues and I was in awe of her beauty before and after.
In Memory of Janet Wagner-who was taken far, far too early from this world because of this disease. She was a strong woman who fought with grace and compassion.
Carol Hauge-a devoted mother and wife and is always looking out for others
Gina Rasmussen-a woman who we will forever be linked with because of "Papa Norm" and we love it!
Lisa Bahr-fought and won with grace, strength and beauty
Arlene Julien-another early survivor who continues to amaze me daily
Kathleen Riley-my sister Tammy's mother-in-law
Ellen Breneman- fought it with a smile on her face
Last but never the least...one of my best friends and the craziest woman I have ever had the pleasure of staying up all night and dancing with-Becky Glatz
and many, many more...
If you would like to donate to the Race please click the following link...The Healthy Hooters
...thank you for your support!

No comments