Bronco Fun Run

Well...4 years ago we started racing this race and every year it has grown and gotten more fun! Parker was just 18 months old 4 years ago, Emmitt was but a seed growing in me. We took a chance starting an Annual 4th of July 5k Fun Run and it has been so much fun! Fun for me, since I don't really have to work at it, but sponsor it and of course have the kids and I participate in it. And my mom too of course!Emmitt ate an orange in preparation of the race and when the whistle blew he took two strides and turned around to find me. That was it. Parker on the other hand ran the whole lap and actually did really well. He started out 4 years ago being carried part of the way around, to being encouraged the rest of the way, to running the entire lap and doing great!

Grandma Audrey picked up her pace this year and took 3rd in her age group! She even got a medal to show for it. It is such an honor to brag up my mom. She is the stellar of health and loves being active. She gets it. A lot of people just don't get that you only get one chance with this body of yours. She does! And it shows!

Emma and Debs came up for the 4th again this year. We had no broken bones this year to interfere with the race so they were able to compete. Debs ran the whole thing! I am so proud of her. She did great. The heat was bordering unsafe this year. The humidity and temperature were not a great combination. We had a few people getting sick from it.

I even got Emma to run the last lap with me. We walked the entire way with Emmitt in the stroller. But the last little leg I had her run to the finish with me.

What a way to burn off some extra calories the weekend of the 4th. I think I was the only one of us three that made a point to have a (bite or two of) corn dog. We topped off the race this year with 202 racers and over 50 kids in the kids race. We are growing. If you are around next year for the 4th of July be sure to come out and walk or run it!

No comments