the day with no naps...

The day of the Gizzard run we also had a birthday party. Parker and Emmitt's 3rd cousin and bud turned 4. It was a Spongebob party with everything fun...it ended at Bronco Hill with lots of kids going down the hill having tons of fun. I could barely walk at this point, but I think it helped to keep moving my legs. There were 7 kids total and we had enough sleds for all of them and the had a blast going up and down the hill for the afternoon. The party was from 1:30-3:30 and I never would have guessed that both boys, especially Emmitt, would make it without a nap.
I tend to be the mom that sticks with routine so much that I am fearful of changing it up. I have gotten much better about it now that Emmitt is nearing two. This past holiday season we just planned ahead of time to have their schedules messed up. Funny thing is, once you accept it, it isn't so bad. I believe that if you go at it with the right attitude it'll turn out fine. This was one of those days that it worked!Garret...the big 4 year old now! I know I've said before how strange the story is of us meeting this family but I'll say it again. Jon (Garret's dad) is my 2nd cousin. His Grandpa and my Grandma were brother and sister. Jon and I had never met...until they moved to Int'l Falls and moved 2 houses away from us! He actually went to college with my girl Davina and boy David! They have 3 kids: Jake is 6, Garret is 4 and baby Gracie. All of us are so close in age it is bordering unbelievable!
Parker soon ditched the sledding hill to play in the snow fort built by the arena. He found one of the little boys he was in skating with and just played for an hour on a pile of snow. There were tunnels to crawl in and big piles to climb on.
Emmitt must have dragged that sled or tube up the hill 25 times. Jon was waiting at the top of the hill with the baby and would help Emmitt in the sled and give him a push down. He would climb up the hill, smile and say again to Jon. He was the Herb Brooks of Bronco Hill.
So the day was successful with no naps. We might just try it again soon....

No comments