Sledding birthday in Ranier, MN

Oh Emmitt I knew this year you were going to beg for a "kid party." You are turning seven and because your brother had a friend party when he was seven you were never going to let me forget that it was your turn.

Now I will remind everyone that I don't do kid parties well. I do family/adult parties pretty well if I do say so myself. Not kid parties. Parker cried through most of his Mario Kart party. Everyone was touching his stuff and not sharing and he sat on the stairs and cried. He just didn't know how to handle it. That was the one and only time we had a kid party in our house. So when Emmitt reminded me that he wanted a kid party I started to think outside the box. Mid February is full of freezing temps and lots of snow so we went for a sledding party. We had been dodging late starts and no school days this winter and it's been down right cold. We managed to sneak in a day full of sun and fun on the Ranier sledding hill.
Parker testing out his snowboarding skills.

Kane
Connor
Brooks
Madalyn
Chelsea
Taylor
Bre
Madalyn and Bre
Abbie
Connor, Andrew, Pablo and Emmitt--the Fearless Foursome
The Class of 2026
  The did manage to eat THIRTY hot dogs. And I figured out fairly quickly that almost all seven year olds really like marshmallows but not S'mores. I had a lot of left over graham crackers and chocolate. 
Super thankful that this guy right here can build an amazing fire (even if we did need to use the provided blow torch). He helped me stick massive amounts of hot dogs on roasting sticks, keep the fire stoked, wipe noses, help put mittens on, squirt ketchup and he even made me my own hot dog. 
Abbie
Taylor
Bre
Brooks
Connor
Kyan
Pablo
Andrew
Madalyn, Brennen, Chelsea
Pablo
Connor, Madalyn, Andrew, Emmitt
Morgan
Emmitt
Morgan & Emmitt
The big brothers came and had a blast riding dual over the huge jump. Lots of giggles while they tried to find out just how high they could fly.

No comments