Saturday, February 9, 2008

A baby by Tuesday or Wednesday (hopefully)

Well the check up went well yesterday...I am dilated to 2cm! Successfully stripped membranes and I had mega contractions off and on all night. Not sure if they got me anywhere though. Dr said the process works for 1/3 of women with in 24-48 hours, 1/3 of women it does nothing and 1/3 of women it causes contractions that do nothing...so we'll see what the weekend brings.

If nothing happens, I go Monday morning at 9 am and he'll try again. See what that brings on and then Bear and I decided to go ahead with the induction Monday night. Around 7 we'll check into the hospital and they'll try cervidil. Let me rest through the night and then see if my body takes over or if they need to start pitocin. So we should have a baby Tuesday. If all of that doesn't work I have an appointment Wednesday morning and then I guess I'll be pregnant forever!

The only thing that scares me is that whenever the outside world gets involved your chances of a c-section are increased...

I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

FamilyGus said...

Good luck to you. My only advice is if you take the pitocin (which I did) do not take the phentinal (pain stuff) too soon. I did & it totally slowed everything down & ticked me off. :)Can't wait to hear of baby!

Davina said...

Good luck, Becky. Have no worries I'm sure everything will be fine. My girlfriend Jen had her second by induction in Dec. and in 6 hours later they had a baby boy, I think her first was only eight hours of labor. Keep us posted!

beanski said...

AGH. I was gone for the weekend so I'm just checking this. I hope things go well tonight...I will be praying! Love you!

beanski said...

I'm just DYING to know what is going on...I'm thinking about you, honey!