The end of an era or decade

The end of August brought an end to the Curves chapter in my life.  August brought me many, many tears...but life moves on. You are either on board or you are left behind.  I am on board.  Now that it's September.  August, I'm not so sure where I was.  On the 30th and 31st we simply moved things out of the facility.  I left the equipment until the very end.  The club was looking pretty meek those last 2 days, but I stayed open until the very end.

On Saturday the 1st, we moved the equipment out.  One by one, out the door and onto a trailer.  Milo gave the kids rides on the dolly and on the equipment.  I commented that at least somebody was having fun.  The kids did great while we moved and hauled and packed.  They have been told over the years to only touch the black part of the equipment!  The white was the money in this case. Being in a franchise left us stuck in an agreement we had to abide by or risk being sued.  So I was diligent at getting all my ducks in a row and following orders.  The main part being that I couldn't sell my equipment.  I either had to send it back to corporate, strip and scrap it or I could donate it to another club.  I chose to donate it and charge them a delivery fee.  But I needed the stuff to work when it got to where it was going. 
These 3 pictures of the empty, boring club make me sad. What once was a place for women to come together and always felt so warm and welcoming really was just paint on walls.  But when it was the club, it was awesome.
 



There was an art to stacking all of that equipment on the trailer and getting it home.  Bear and Milo worked very hard at getting it all set up.  We managed to get out of the parking lot and through town without losing anything. 






Here is what my garage looked like for a couple of weeks!  I am beyond wanting my space back in order.  I have delivered all of the equipment to their new homes, I had an impromptu yard sale last Saturday and made a nice dent in getting rid of stuff.  One more attempt and then the rest is going in the trash.  After all is said and done, I am okay with where I am at now. Closing was the best option for me at this time in my life.  It's been a great ride...





No comments