I cannot believe I forgot this!!!!

In my organization of the last 6 weeks of what we have been up to post...I cannot believe I forgot this part! Todd Sether turned 35 on 9/10/11 (or somewhere around there) and had a party. Not just any party, but a dress up party. A "Come dressed as your Favorite Couple" dress up party.
Here is the Birthday Boy. Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski. Todd has not shaved his goatee off in 15 years! A good costume party will bring out the best in all of us! Ria, actually died her hair from blond to brown and cut bangs! I may have met a couple as psyched up about costume parties as us. (Please note how strategically placed the citronella candle wax ended up on Monica). I deducted points from them, since Bill forgot his cigar! Up until the day of the party we were going as Dorothy and the Scarecrow. They are after all great costumes. And even if they weren't really a couple, we were planning on arguing that they surely hooked up in the forest at least once! But oh, nooo. Bear had to change his mind. He wanted to be Jack Sparrow. And I could be Elizabeth Swan. He figured we could just use the pirate costumes from Halloween 2005. But he sent me to Kmart for wigs. Well, I found 2 wigs, one for each of us and they were perfect! I found an awesome pirate wig for him complete with a few dreads and a do-rag. And a long brown wig for myself. We didn't know everyone that attended the party and most of them thought that that was my real hair! Boy were they shocked when we changed into normal clothes and I revealed 2 inch blond!
It's a good thing, we changed our mind because Dorothy showed up. Ria's Aunt came in full costume and had her little dog too. The best part is that she came through Customs and was stopped! They crated poor Toto and she had to go in to be questioned dressed like Dorothy!
Here we are! The dashing Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swan!
Bear was unrecognizable to a few people we know! We totally freaked out my nephew Derek, who was over watching the boys. He watched us get ready for the event and about died when I told Bear to come to the bathroom so I could apply his eye makeup! He was all on board with eyeliner and mascara. I even gave him a little scruff with the mascara wand! That little wand can do wonders to eyes, eyebrows and your face! The best part was when we got out of our costumes and put on normal street clothes. Bear rubbed off the goatee and not the rest. So for the rest of the night he was wearing a red polo and jeans complete with eyeliner and mascara! A friend kept saying, "I'm having a hard time talking to you like this man!". I was secretly loving it in the corner. For any of you out there-remember how much I love Prince?! It is all about the guy-liner! Mmmmmm.

No comments