Friday, December 26, 2014

Homemade Toilet Cleaner

So I've been on a bit of a kick lately to make my own products. One by one I've been replacing the cleaning products in my house with oily made products.
Today I made fizzing toilet cleaner bombs! SO COOL!
What you'll need:
1 1/3 c. Baking Soda
1/2 c. Citric Acid
30 drops Lemon Essential Oil
30 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
30 drops Lavender Essential Oil
1 tsp. water
Spray bottle that produces a fine mist
Silicone mold (found on Amazon, yeah for Prime!)

First mix the baking soda and citric acid together.
Then mix the oils and water in the spray bottle.
Then spray the dry mix with the spray bottle. The spray bottle is crucial because the baking soda and citric acid mixture will start fizzing if you add too fast.
 Then mix until you can make a firm mold in your hand. If the mixture still crumbles spray with more water until it sticks.
 Press the mix into your mold. Press firmly and go over a couple of times.
 
 This batch made 24 one-inch squares. 
After a couple of hours you may pop out your squares.
 Store in an air tight container.
When you are ready to use, just drop in the toilet until it stops fizzing. Scrub and flush!
I will do just about anything to keep that "boy" smell out of my bathroom!

No comments: